Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Norman Rockwell Christmas

I love Christmas.  I tend to get a little over excited at Christmas time.  I cry at the dang Folgers commercial.  I act like I have never seen Christmas lights when I drive through Minden and press my face against the truck window.  Jeremy hates it when I do that - he says it leaves smears on his windows. Killjoy.  I almost lose it whenever Rudolph comes on prime time.  I turn up radio and sing Christmas carols  like I'm a rockstar.  I don't care if they all cover their ears or give me dirty looks - my coworkers secretly love it. I almost go into a diabetic coma eating all the candy everyone sends - I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.  I scared a poor little patient yesterday whenever I asked her what she wanted for Christmas and she said "The Michael Jackson Wii game," and then I screamed "Oh,OOOOH, meeee too!". She jumped and looked a little frightened.  I may have even spit on her a little bit.  I just love Christmas.  But then my anxiety sets in and I panic a little bit.  I realize that I haven't gotten everything done I wanted to do. I start counting all the things that are still not done and I have a small nervous breakdown.  I cry, press my face against the wall, lose it, sing loud, eat, and yell - but it ain't the happy excited kind.   I still have Christmas cards to mail, gifts to buy, candy to make, decorating to do and cheer to spread.  I start to count the days and I can't believe it's right here staring me in the face. But right before I have the melt down in the aisles of the Wal-Marts, I stop and breath and talk to people and realize - everyone is in the same boat and even if everything isn't  Norman Rockwell perfect - it is perfect.  We celebrate and rejoice because every year no matter what Christmas comes without fail. It will be just as perfect as the first Christmas even if I don't buy one present or hang one wreath.  I just have to remind myself every year. 

'Til Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment