Thursday, October 28, 2010

Daisy was mean to Enos

This is an altered version of the General Lee.  It's pretty disgusting.  I can barely look at it without gagging. It's pretty much a spit in the face to Dukes of Hazzard fans everywhere.  It's also an insult to muscle cars and even orange paint for that matter. Oh my, I'm beginning to feel faint.  Someone- get the smelling salts! 

 If you know me at all you know that since I was a child, my hope was to become a Duke.  My dream was to marry into the family.  Mrs. Bo Duke was who I was destined to be.  I had it all planned out.  We wouldn't live with Uncle Jesse anymore on the farm, we'd get our own place, but not outside of Hazzard county - you know with the conditions of the probation and all.  And he'd have to just tell Luke that I was going to be the one riding shotgun from now on.  He would also teach me how to hood slide too. Daisy was going to have to be talked into moving to Nashville to pursue her "music" career.  I didn't really care for the way she treated Enos and plus she needed to put some clothes on. Once all that was taken care of ,we were going to be so very happy.  I couldn't wait for it all to come true.
*Sigh*  I guess sometimes we don't get to live the life we plan.  Sometimes its a altered version that we get to live-  a better altered version.  I guess I would have gotten tired of getting in and out of that car with the doors wielded shut anyway.   


Remember this morning whenever you sat up and threw your feet over the side of the bed? Then you probably got up with no problem and walked pretty fast to the bathroom. You may have even had to step over some things in the floor.  Then you went through your morning routine which probably included combing your hair and drinking your coffee.  You even ate that big sausage biscuit and had to stretch really wide to get it all in.  When you sat down at your desk or chair you probably didn't even have excruciating pain.  You probably were able to sit beside your child without telling him to be really really still so that you won't bump anything and make something hurt.  You probably didn't have to scratch every inch of your body that you could reach because the itching was unbearable.
 All of these things that we take for granted are things that Heath struggles with now.  Even though the therapists say he's weeks ahead of someone else with injuries like this, the frustration is understandable.  Heath still doesn't complain. The victories each day are cherished.   The fire burned all the skin off, but new skin is growing.  The new skin is very tight and this makes moving painful and restricted.  Physical therapy will help to prevent and repair this, but the process is slow.  The physical therapy is now done for 2 reasons : to regain strength the fire stole from his body and to stretch out the newly developing skin.  Heath's days now involve little short walks and then hitting the P.T. gym and working out.  His therapists are constantly thinking about what he needs to be able to do when he gets home.  They want him to be able to stand up by himself, reach up and scratch his head, and be able to throw a rope.  The skin that can't be stretched with therapy will have to be repaired with surgeries.  His mouth will eventually have to be relieved so that he can stretch wide open for that yawn, or that food he's been wanting for the last 64 days.  Heath hasn't wavered. Heath will get to go back to his life.  The therapists, along with the doctors, are starting him on his journey back - back to what he loves- his hopes and dreams and to his better,  new altered life.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading these so very much! I have yet to read one that didn't make me cry, however they are those good, inspirational tears! As usual I can't wait for the next one! Heath and your family will continue to be in our prayers!
    Staci Burns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Staci! And to everyone else who reads the blogs. I enjoy writing them. And I never want anyone to forget what he goes through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was talking to a friend of mine, going through a difficult time, and she said about the other person involved, "Can't he see that a year is not much time at all compared to the rest of his life?" I thought, "What wisdom!" While this time is grueling and can't end soon enough for your family and Heath, it is temporary. I think about our lives here on earth and realize they too are temporary and not much time at all when compared to eternity! God melts us like gold to refine us so we can be the best for His sake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. April I check everyday to see if you have posted again. I love reading your blogs and hearing how Heath is doing. He is such a strong person I know he will get through this and be back on a horse in no time. Ethan asked the other day when Heath would be able to rope again. I told him if I knew Heath it would be sooner than later. We all continue to pray for him and your family everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These posts are amazing and very inspirational! I do not know Heath, but I do know that he has an awesome support system and is going to do wonderful things in the Kingdom of God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think about ya'll every day, April. Heath is making such remarkable progress, I know that our prayers are being answered. Not only is Heath being blessed, you are blessing others with your amazing words of inspiration. God has a reason for everything He does - I believe that He is using Heath for His honor and glory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank yall so very much! I can't tell yall how much ya'lls thoughts and prayers have meant to me and to our family. I am so touched by each and every comment and I can't wait to see if anyone has checked the blog. Thanks again and I hope ya'll keep checking back in and maybe smile a little when you read it! love, A

    ReplyDelete