Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Love Laundry!

I'm baaaackkk! I know some of you have been wondering what I have been doing and if I was still going to blog.  Honestly, I didn't intend on neglecting my blog this long.  I have been very busy and the writing just wasn't on the days agenda.  Now, what in the world is so important that I would not blog and inform all you good people on the boring details of my life? Well I'm gonna tell ya. Mostly I have been doing laundry. I'm not talking about a few loads - I mean hard core laundry.  Night and day - day and night.  From sun up to sun down.  Every waking moment I wash, dry, fold, put up, iron - the whole schmear.  I have developed tennis elbow from all the ironing and I have blisters from all the folding.  I even make my own detergent and hand wash at least 50% of our clothes.  Laundry has become my life.   I eat, sleep and breathe laundry. My hamper looks so lonely and smells fresh too.   OK, well maybe that was an exaggeration.  Maybe I haven't actually done laundry.  Maybe I tried.  Maybe I pulled it out of the hamper onto the bathroom floor and left it there for days until my husband got tired of stepping on it and put it back up.  Then maybe I pulled it out again and this time sorted it and then washed only the bare necessities. Maybe I washed a few loads then piled them on the couch waiting for someone to fold them.  Maybe I "fluffed" the load I had in the dryer for 8 hours waiting for the couch to open up again.
 OK, that was probably how it really went. Y'all know I can't lie to you.  I did have good intentions.   The laundry isn't done, but I listen to my baby every night read her homework.  I also get to step out my back door and see my baby brother in his yard and a cute blonde by his side.  From my window I get to see my dear old dad fly by and hear a honk as he goes by for at least the 14th time that day.  I'm back to getting my expected visits from Henry P at least 3 times in a weekend. I get to call my mom and love the fact she is just down road not in a hotel room. I get to watch as my neighbors use their front yard as a dirt track again.  I get to see all those creek checkers slowly ride by on their daily outing.  I get to sit down every night with my family. Yeah, I may not have all the laundry done, but we have clean towels and that's all that matters. 



'Til Tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are back! That's how I feel! My house might not be clean all the time and my laundry might not be done but I use what time I do have where it really matters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Shelly!! Glad to know I am thinking like someone else!!! :)

    ReplyDelete